Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay   29 August 2020

Website copied by competitor - exact copy

Hello,

One of the website designed by us for our client in 2015 is copied by my client's competitor in 2018. In-fact they have ripped off the entire website using some copier tool and changed a few colors and uploaded it.  90% images, textual content, and in-fact some of the images with my client's logo are also present on their website.

It came to our notice a few days back. We sent email to the company and his web developer to remove the same but there is no response. Can you please suggest legal remedies. It can be easily proved the website is copied from archives .org and also our client's images with his logo are still present on their website with exact copy of content in around 300 web pages and almost 400 plus images (Some are unique banners and some are project images of our clients). 

I would be interested to know the process: Like first should we go for Cyber Crime complaint or hire a cyber-crime lawyer and send a legal notice?

Learning

1 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     29 August 2020

It may not be termed as Cyber Crime. It comes under violation of Intellectual Property Rights and trying to pass off as.

Use of the unique logo and images is wrong. Give a legal notice to the competitor and the service provider hosting their website.

If they don't change and stop passing off as your client, proceed legally by filing a case engaging a good and reliable Lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register