LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pranab Saha (Member)     17 March 2020

We booked a cargo of 30 cartons for manzanillo

We booked a cargo of 30 cartons for Manzanillo, Panama through Mac Nels container lines Pvt. Ltd. But they issued the BL with a wrong delivery agent in Mexico. We informed them and they provided us correct BL. As per their information, we informed our buyer to contact with the delivery agent in Panama. Delivery agent said that the cargo was not nominated to handle them. We got this news from our buyer on 30th Sept, 2018. Buyer informed me and I contacted with Mac Nels. After 15 days Mac Nels informed me that the cargo is in Mexico. So I told them to send few pictures. They sent some pictures and next we told them to send Panama immediately but till date they could not take any proper action. In the meantime, they asked contact details of our buyer and we provided them.They were creating pressure to our buyer to take the cargo from Mexico but buyer was not interested to do that. Now buyer wants compensation (Around 500000) not products. Is there any solution? If buyer gets the compensation they are ready to pay Rs.50000. Thanks!

Learning

2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     17 March 2020

That wuill depend upon the agreed terms and conditions between seller and buyer. If the cargo was suppoused to deliverd at agreed location and instead it was delayed and not deliverd the buyer will certainly ask for damages under agreed terms.

Pranab Saha (Member)     17 March 2020

There was no term about compensation if undelivered. Seller wants compensation from the shipping company and return back to buyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register