25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kamaleshwari 1983   17 August 2022

we are children my father name is R Lingaraj & my mother name is RL Jayalakshmi My elder brother name is RL Jayaraj RL Kamaleshwari two youngsters name is R L Amruth Raj & RL Kailas Raj

after. my father's
mother's death my
three brothers transferred my father's property into their name by making Pothi Khata in their names only , they excluded my name that is RL Kamaleshwari,

what are the steps to add my name in Pothi Khata? advice meπŸ™πŸ»


 2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 August 2022

On the death of the parents, the property has jointly devolved upon all the children who are the legal heirs. A mere entry in the revenue records cannot destroy such vested rights. 

You may file a suit for partition with all the other siblings as defendents,

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     17 August 2022

Yes.  I agree with the advice of the expert Mr.P.Venu sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query