Water proofing of terrace

I am a member of a housing society at Powai and my flat is on the top floor (below terrace).  During monsoon, the terrace has water logging problems and water starts dripping in my flat.  Society says it cannot be held responsible for repairing the terrace as it is not their problem.  They however, agree to refund 50% of the repair cost and ask the flat owners to have the repairs done themselves.

This flat is given out on rent and at the time of a new tenant shifting into the flat, the society charges a fee of 10,000 rupees as shifting charges.

Need help in understanding if the society is correct :

1.  asking flat owners to carry out the water proofing for terrace and giving them only 50% of the cost

2.  charging such a high fee of 10,000 rupees every 11 months, when a new tenant comes or even if the same tenant continues for a period of next 11 months

Kindly advise what options are available to me?


Thanks and best regards




Change house if it is too difficult to bear all this.



Repairs for terrace leakage are responsibility of the Society. Go to consumer court.

Charging Rs.10000/- or any amount is illegal. Do not pay and dare the Society take action. Or complain to the Registrar.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x