Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand (Consultant)     21 June 2013

Water leakage from above flat

Dear Sir/Madam,

For more than year my parents are facing water leakage from the ceiling in one of the room. We spoke several times to the flat owner who stays above us to fix this issue since we cannot do anything on our side. But he does not want to repair his bathroom. Now the problem is that the leakage starts to grow more and I'm afraid that it can provoke electric shocks or fire.

As my parents are quite old and do not have sufficient funds, could you tell us the procedure to follow?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Anand

Learning

7 Replies

Srinivas (Director)     21 June 2013

Anand,

Try to talk to the association (if there is one).

End of the day, you may need to share the cost for repairing the bathroom.

good luck

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 June 2013

try social reconciliation or else give application to SHO as he is casuing nuisance.

Thanks Srinivas and Sudhir for your quick replies. 

The flat owner who is creating this nuisance is the President and I don't think there is any association since there are only 6 appartments in total. I understand that I need to repair the ceiling once the above flat owner stops the leakage from his toilet. However I don't understand why I need to pay the repair charges for his toilet.  Maybe each time we have this issue, he'll ask us to pay.

Could you please tell me what is SHO and where to give the application? My parents are living in Chennai.

Sorry to ask you these kind of questions since I don't leave in India for past 14 years and bit cut off with all the things happening here.

I was very surprised when parents told me that the above flat owners would not repair. In the country where I live presently this kind of problem is normal and person who creates this leakage to the below appartment is responsible to repair. Is there no such law to protect this kind of problems that the flat owners face?

Anand

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     21 June 2013

give you simple solution which i choose in my home also, go to flat from where leakage comes

mix cement with dr.fixit with water and fill properly at probable corners and holls ....

request them not to use bathroom for 2 days

Thanks Disha. I'll ask my parents to talk with the above flat owner.

mangesh deval (Tech.Officer)     31 March 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

For more than two  year  we are facing water leakage from the ceiling in kitchen and Toilet  . We spoke several times to the flat owner who stays above us to fix this issue since we cannot do anything on our side. But he does not want to repair his toilet and kitchen.  Now the problem is that the leckage starts to grow more. We are register the complent to PMC(Pune Muncipal Corporation Hadapsar)but they did not take any action till to date. The Builder did not hand over the Society to flat oweners.

Please advice me what can i do.and suggest me the best lawyer in Pune to file the case for above flat owenr.   .

Thank you.

Best Regards,

mangesh

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     07 April 2015

What exactly you mean by saying that the builder has not handed over the Society to flat owners? Is it that the Builder had applied for and registered the Society even before all flats were sold and that he has not quit after selling all the flats? Is it a Co-operative Society?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register