Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Varun Chandrasekaran (J.D. )     14 June 2011

Was 2010 Amendment to H. Marriage Act passed by Parliament?

Hello,

I am an American lawyer. 

I have been researching the Hindu Marriage Act, specifically the 2010 Amendment allowing for divorce for irreconciliable differences.

I saw that the Cabinet accepted the 2010 Amendment.

But I do not know if it was passed by Parliament and is now current law.

Can anyone provide an answer of whether Parliament  actually passed the Amendment into the Hindu Marriage Act?

And furthermore, can anyone suggest a website that might have information about this?

Thank you for your help.

- Varun 

Learning

8 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     14 June 2011

@Varun,

This amendment is not yet in effect and yet awaiting to be enacted as law in India. You can send a registered letter to the "Ministry of Law" seeking clarity in this regard.

//peace

/Saurabh.V

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     14 June 2011

Originally posted by :Varun Chandrasekaran

"

I have been researching the Hindu Marriage Act, specifically the 2010 Amendment allowing for divorce for irreconciliable differences.

Can anyone provide an answer of whether Parliament actually passed the Amendment into the Hindu Marriage Act?

And furthermore, can anyone suggest a website that might have information about this?

"

@ Author

The Report is annexed in PDF file with this reply mail where you can see out of 9 representations 5 were ours which is the maximum representatives from civil marriage laws representing various gender stakeholders did ever represent before the re. Committee to make headway in pragmatic changes in civil Laws of the nation.

All the best.

Attached File : 85555 186820 24 irbm rajya sabha report 45.pdf downloaded: 209 times

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     14 June 2011

no, not yet passed. confirmed.

Varun Chandrasekaran (J.D. )     20 June 2011

Thank you for your help.

Surya kkkkk (software engineer)     23 June 2011

Respected Sir, I was married on march 12 2011.Until marriage date girl was ok as if she is intrested in marriage.But suddenly she was dull on marriage day.But we thought that girl was dull as her father expired 2 months before.THen after marriage she started saying she is not intrested in marriage/WIfe and husband relation ship.So she applied petision in court that to Nullification of Marriage saying that she was not mentally sound at time of marriage and all her relatives forced her to do marriage in absence of her father. Query1: Will she be abel to get marriage cancelled via Nullification of Marriage Act.If so how many months it takes. Query2:Its her fault.All money given by her was invested for marriage.So do I need to give back her money. Query3:She said that she will harm me/kill me by beating on pennis.She bet me twice on my pennis and harmed me.Can I file case against her? Note:She removed mangal suthra from her body after 2nd day of marriage. Thanks alot, Sudheer 9542630039 punnamsudheer@gmail.com

rupesh (Engg)     28 June 2011

After marriage my wife stay in my home 4day only and go to her house for 1month stay after I go her house, she come back but again go after 7day for here house, in between come and go she is continue touch with her family I mean to say by SMS and mobile, she told every talk who I told to her send info to her family by mobile. So she stay only  20 day with me in 4month.

rupesh (Engg)     28 June 2011

And finaly not coming now period past 1year and 1month, I already go to police pariwar paramarce Kendra they told me go to court and file secton 9 I filed it but my hart not control I am in love. They cant understand or understand but not say to me, you can come here and get your wife, wife also study and not feel my problem now what I do.my family go to their house but not come with my family. I told we can try rent house for you and me only. when her house mother and father abused me. wife want divorced or not I don’t know ,When I go to my wife house she told if you want divorced i will give you sign any paper. But not come in section 9 in family court, now she is doing bank exam preparation and coaching daily but neglected court every Sunday going to bank exam and interview she is selected in 3 bank exam but. Now she not want to come in court by I don’t know

rupesh (Engg)     02 July 2011

girl told me get divorce but her father and mother not agree so what is the option.? 

can i go their home and diss. to her faimly if she/her faimly miss use my comment or record or make a video so....... that's why i am not going to her house. so why not a police help to solve my matter can i give a application in court i want to talk with my wife under section 9, i don't want any problem if they beet me.

kya me akele unke ghar jau aur rone ka man huaa to rone lagu kahu ab tumhare hi shath rahungaa kya ess karne par bo mujha se pyar karne lagegi. lagtaa to hai par yadi mamla bigda to kyaa hogaa.

sefty kya hai mere liye help me .....help..hepl.. ans.  me 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register