LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saptarshi Paul (Advocate)     22 August 2011

Warrent issued for non apperance at judgement stage

One S- 138 of Ni Act ( Bounce of Cheque amounted to Rs 16,000/- ) which was registered in the court of Judicial Magistrate 1st Class, in the year 2010, all trial stage that is evidence, argument etc all were done and accused is always ready to pay the amount but complainant is asking more amount that’s why the case was delayed. on 12/8/2011 was the date for judgment, but the Judgment was not delivered and another date was given on 17/8/2011. On 17/8/2011. Our Bar Association was organized one Procession in support of Anna Hazare and accordingly our Bar president had informed officially all courts that all advocates will join the rally and court should cooperate us. As we have joined the rally and we did not give any HAZIRA/ PETITION on the same date for that case. But on the same date Non Bailable warrant was issued by the JMFC, and on 21/8/2011the police called the accused to Police station and arrested him. As 21/8/2011 was Sunday, we had move bail in front of CJM’s residence, when the accused was presented before the CJM, But the CJM had rejected the prayer as he did not now the facts and no record of the case was in his hand. And he had also mentioned that he had no knowledge of the stage of the said case. In our petition we had pray that this is due to Lawyer’s mistake and the accused should not punish for the same, but the CJM rejected only on the ground that he had No record in his hand. Kindly guide me the provision of the law , can court issue Warrant in such kind of Small Amount of NI act cases and also at the final stage of the case, I want to challenge the court, so please help me.

Regards S.Paul Assam

Learning

2 Replies

Arif Iqbal (Advocate)     22 August 2011

Court has the power to doso. Absence of the accused without steps, how trifle the crime alleged may be, will entitle the Court to issue warrant. You should apply for regular bail in the Court where the case is being tried, and in view of the facts and circumstances, the Court should not reject your bail petition.

pratik (self working)     22 August 2011

Sir i am a student but this is allowed if yes can i have the case law on the below mentioned line pls sir pls.

we had move bail in front of CJM’s residence

Can we move the bail petition or any petition in emergency in the residence of the judge or magistrate which section or case law plsssssss.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register