LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

upendra mohan   30 September 2015

Want to pursue llb in evening class after job timing

Dear sir , i  am working in public sector (8.00 am to 4.30pm) and want to pursue LLB 3 years course in evening.

The college has given me that the classes will be conducted from 5.00pm ,in writing .

I applied for permission for further studies in my org. but my reporting boss has refused to forward my permission letter.Is it still necessary to get employer permission after getting the classes timing in writing by college? i do not want to reap any benifit from my organisation in future on the basis of the LLB degree.

Learning

13 Replies

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     30 September 2015

Normally Govt organises do not refuse permission but put reasonable conditions. I too studied in evening college to complete my law

Normally Govt organises do not refuse permission but put reasonable conditions. I too studied in evening college to complete my law

Your boss will not forward it. You have to apply to HR Deptt for this permission

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 September 2015

you got to definitely get permission from your department head to pursue the course even if its after office hours

K.S.Srinivas (Advisor (HR))     01 October 2015

Yes.  No objection certificate is required from the employer for the purpose of study in the evening college.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 October 2015

Employer takes an undertaking that such education will not hamper his official duties, and employee makes a request stating that increasing his job skills and knowledge is useful in his day to day functioning.  This is usual procedure, and many employers still refuse permission.

Try through Union or contact higher officials personally.  Kindly go through your manual if any that states of such permission to employees for higher education.  The fear that if an employee gets admitted in law, brings litigation into office affairs is still prevailing in many of the employers.  But without employer's permission admission can not be granted.

Do not try to submit any fake certificates to College, as many persons resorted to such submission and invited problems.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 October 2015

Originally posted by : Advocate Vinod Passy New Delhi

I also did same. Permission is surely and certainly needed.
1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 October 2015

Even if you do not want any benefit from this degree still it is misconduct to join such studies without permission.
1 Like

upendra mohan   20 December 2015

dear sir, as i m pursuing LLB in evening class(from 5 pm to 10pm) ,i have heard that BCI allows evening class upto 7 pm only.The college has given me that the classes will be conducted from 5.00pm in written .will my degree be valid after completion.I m having permission from my employer (public sector enterprice).Can i practice after completing my LLB degree as a  lawyer (after resigning) or will i eligible to take llm admission in NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY if i get education leave .

Plz. resolve my query .

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 December 2015

"can i practice after completing my LLB degree as a lawyer (after resigning) " check from BCI if your institute is in eligible list.

"will i eligible to take llm admission in NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY"------------------ Please check from NLU.

"if i get education leave ." --- There is nothing known like education leave in govt sector. There is only study leave which is admissible if the said course is suitable to enhance the potential in your present post and if you a a permanent employee with five years of service and remaining 5 years to serve. In case one resigns before completion of 5 years of return from Study Leave he has to refund entire pay and allowances during leave period.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register