Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Md.Anwarul Haque Danish (None)     04 May 2011

Want to practice Law , age 31, How to do so ?

Hi,

My wife filed a false IPC 498A, case on my family and myself in 2008, ever since then my interest in Law has increased.

I want to study Law to become a practicing lawyer of Kolkata High Court.

I am 31 years old. My B.Com(Hons) was in the year 2003. From Calcutta University.

How do I go about it ?

Is there a age limit of only upto 30 years and below ?

Please advise how tyo proceed.

Thanks and regards,

Danish

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     04 May 2011

There is no limit of age.

subhash chander verma (1)     04 May 2011

Dear Danish

You need to have a professional  degree of law (not academic) from any recognised Univiersity as provided by the Bar Council of Calucutta. After that you need to get  Enrollment from  the Bar Council and then can start practice of your own by following the systems and proceures as presrbed in the Code of Ciivl Procedure, CrPC, Law of Evidence/ Indian Evidence Act etc.  Membership of Bar Association may or may not be required as per the local practice.  There is no age limit for starting practice as I myslef started practice at the age of 50 years after taking volunary retirement from Govt.

S.C. Verma

Md.Anwarul Haque Danish (None)     05 May 2011

Dear Mr. Verma,

Thank you for your reply also for the encouragement that if at age 50 you can do it, then so can I. Unknowingly you have inspired me. Thank you for that.

Can you please tell me how to go about it ?

What do you mean by "You need to have a professional  degree of law (not academic) from any recognised Univiersity as provided by the Bar Council of Calucutta. "

I have no one to give me proper  advise here, any lawyer I ask is making me lose hope. Yesterday I went to the Kolkata High Court and a lawyer asked me to pay Rs.15,000/- to get a degree without study... that i found utterly repulsive.

Please advise step by step how to proceed.

Thanks and regards,

Danish.

Tarun Dhingra (Advocate)     07 May 2011

APPROACH TO YOUR  STATE UNIVERSITY AND CHECK OUT WHAT R THE QUALIFICATION FOR LL.B. . IN MY STATE  THERE IS NO AGE BAR RESTRICTION . IF U WANT TO B  A GOOD LAWYER THEN APPROACH TO DELHI UNIVERSITY LAW DEPARTMENT . I THINK THERE FORMS R OUT U CAN DO IT FROM THERE . IF U DONT HAVE TIME THERE IS BATCHES IN EVENING SESION ALSO . GOOD LUCK . 

HOWEVER IN MY COLLEGE DAYS  A LOT OF DISCUSSION WAS GOING ON REGARDING BAR  OF AGE . SO FIRST CHECK OUT THAT HAS BEEN INTERDUCED OR NOT .IT WAS BEING SAID THAT A BAR OF 30 YEAR WILL BE THERE TO PERSUE LAW 3 YEAR COURSE . I DONT KNOW THAT HAS BEEN INTERDUCED OR NOT . SO PLS CONFIRM FIRST . GOOD LUCK ...............

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register