LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rohit (na)     26 August 2013

Want to marry my romanian girl friend in india

sir i m rohit form patiala and i want  to marry may romanian girl friend in india according to inidian law pls tell me how could we do it should we go for special marriage act  or should we marry in romanian embassy as we want to settle in romania after marriage, is it possible to marry at romanian embassy ?

and if we go for SMA thn wt documents i and my girlfriend would need ! shall we do it in new delhi or do i hv to marry in my district ? please explain all the procedure abt it  she is coming here in second week of september pls provide me all the details as soon as possible i shall b highly thankful to u for this.

Regards ,

rohit

Learning

3 Replies

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     26 August 2013

You have to marry under SMA and for this you have to approach your local registrar office and inform him about this.He will give you the application and you have to fill up the same and after one month from that date you can marry and will be registered also.It is valid in India and also overseas.

wish you all the best.

Please contact me if you feel necessary.

srishaila,advocate,bangalore,9741425514,sdharani120@gmail.com

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     05 September 2013

You have to be married under Foreign marraige Act, if you want your marraige be peformed in romania.  If you want to marry in india, Spl marriage act will apply. 

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     05 September 2013

1.     Marriage of parties should be done under Special Marriage Act.

2.     The said marriage under SMA should be then compulsorily Registered under Special Marriage Act.

3.     Follow procedure as explained in Registration of Marriages under Special Marriage Act locally (in Punjab) and not in Delhi as one of the party ordinarily resides in Punjab.

Read yourself below mentioned link on asked procedure / documentations and where to do it;

https://edistrict.punjabgovt.gov.in/eda/Downloads/Solemnization%20of%20Marriage%20_%20Govt%20orders%201.1.pdf

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register