LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DEEPAK BHAGTANI (ARTICLED ASSISTANT)     19 March 2013

Want to know about trademark classification

Hello Friends Iam Applying for Logo Registration of our Company...................and while doing Public Search there are two option one is to write class and second one to write Vienna code........... I want to ask what is the vienna code( It should be minimum Six Letters)

Learning

4 Replies

Teesta Hans (AM)     19 March 2013

Hi

The class refers to the classifications of goods and/or services as per NICE classification, which provide a brief descripttion of the goods and/or services to be covered. Whereas, Vienna code is the classification of figurative elements of the trademark / service mark. It constitutes a hierarchial system that procees from the general to particular, dividing all figurative elements into categories, divisions and sections.

Trust this clarifies.

Regards

Teesta

1 Like

DEEPAK BHAGTANI (ARTICLED ASSISTANT)     19 March 2013

If my Logo Comes under Birds( Sparrow in my case) then what is my Vienna code Classification..................??????

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     19 March 2013

Depends upon the trading or service rendered.

Regards

1 Like

Nagaraja B S (Corporate Commercial & IP Lawyer)     22 March 2013

Generally it is assigned by the examiner, you can search for vienna codes and select appropriate. For more details, Contact Nagaraj Corporate, Franchise & IP Lawyer IP Lex Global Services www.iplexglobal.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register