Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sneha (Analyst)     25 December 2010

Want to get divorce,Please help me out

Dear Sir
Im married for the past 7 yrs without the consent of our parents.My husband belongs to a higher caste than me.After marriage in order to maintain a good life ahead we decided and i had to work.Im an engg graduate and work in a software company.After our marriage within few months my husband was accepted in his family but i was not.For work i had to go out and stay away from my husband.My husband dint tried to convince his parents for me and im alone as my parents are not even with me.Within these 7 yrs i would have stayed for around 1 yr with him(includes my visits on occasion and on weekends).He blames me and ill treats my parents.I used to keep quiet as i have to spent all my life with him.For the past 4yrs he starts questioning my character and even says words that i cannot express.I tried my best so that our heads meet but nothing came out.I even asked him to leave me alone so that he can live a better life,he understands at that moment and admits his mistakes and again after few days comes to his originality.This has been going for long.A few days back again the same the same thing came up and he instead of solving,thought of his own and said that im 36 yrs and i cannot marry now so i wont give divorce and what society will think of him.He never tell me to live my job and come to his place.Everything has gone on top my head and i dont want to live with him,so that i can have a peaceful life ahead.Im tired of his suspicious thoughts,though he know its not true.

Kindly help me ,how can i get rid of my husband and lead a peaceful life.I require all of you to help me out,
as im alone and i dont have anyone woth whom i can consult & get help.I know if i dont think now,it will be too late for me to think and start a new life.

Learning

7 Replies

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora. (Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India)     25 December 2010

Dear Querist,

It appears that you have been subjected to emotional turbulance caused by your husband and his family. Facts stated focus an element of cruelty which you are being going through to tackle of your own. But, for a constructed opinion, you need to support facts with lists of fdates and events, of course, with evidence.

Should you think, the process of law should be initiated favourably, you may consult your lawyers having reasonable experience and team back-up and also that he gives you ample time before each steps he/she takes for and on your behalf.

Trust this would be fine.

Rabin Majumder

Advocate-on-Record

No. 91, Sh. AK Sen Chambers Block

Supreme Court of India

nudelhilawfora@gmail.com

y haraharanathbabu (practing law)     25 December 2010

Sneha, a great injustice done to you and I am aggreeing the opinion/advice of Nu.Delhi.Fora. associates. and it is also better to approach a counsel for filing Criminal action against your husband.

Sneha (Analyst)     25 December 2010

Thanks a lot  all of for your advise.

Sir As advised  i dont have support facts with lists of fdates & evidences as there used to be confrontation between us and i had never ever thought it would end up like this.

What shall i do now.If i file a case in family court for getting the decree of divorce,how shall i proceed and how long it takes to get justice.

Waiting for your kind advice

(Guest)

Married in Jan 2008,wife in a Govt.Job at Rajasthan,took leave and came to stay with me for certain period during 2008, where I work in West India. Due to problems in her job regarding extension of leave, from Jan 2009, she was at Rajasthan, and we are staying away till date. She can't stay with me due to her job. Now, in Jan 2011, it will be 2 years that we are living away from each other. Both are interested to seperate & end this relationship, without any ill-feelings.What is the proper procedure so that nothing goes against me by way of any legal hassles in future. 

Thanks !

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     27 December 2010

Hi Sister,

Better file a case in both family court and also megistarate.In family cort its for divorce and in megistrate cort to punish him for harrasing you and for being cruel to you[ under domestic violence act 2005].I am from bangalore and am a human right activist.I can fight for you at no extra cost.pls contact me.Further give a compalint to womens commission also, to take action against him.

srishaila,bangalore,09741425514,sdharani120@gmail.com

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     27 December 2010

Dear Sneha, \

Where are you from??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register