LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemant Kawade   09 August 2018

Want to get divorce from wife

I got married in the month of March 2018 at my native place and girl is also from native place. i stay in metro city.
its been hardly 4-5months now. Since it was arrange marriage i was not comfortable for 1st nght. So i calmly explained this things.. she agreed on this. After marriage i came to hometown and bought a new home on loan for which i paying hefty EMI. And then i brought her and my mom dad to my new place. But now things have changed she is not taking care of my mom she is not making food on time etc. because of wHich my mom is getting health issues. thrice her BP got high in fights. i explained my wife en number of times but she is still the same. because of this even I m not adapting her. its been 4 months and i am not s*xually connected with her because of all this issues at my home. i called on wife parents and complained about her and decided not get divorce, but they say this are normal problems u cannot take such big step just for silly reason and they irregardless warned me and said.. we will file case on you if you do so. i am worried now. if i go and file for divorce will my property on loan & my family farm & dad house will also be taken as in part of settlement & alimony. i m concern if they put a false case against me and my family and claim my property. Also i cant prove on papers that she is harassing my mom. She is qualified and has Nursing certificate but she not working anywhere. please help me out of this. i just feel like i m trapped from all side.


 8 Replies

If you keep postponing your "first night" just because you have some trivial domestic issues, it's foolish of you. Problems will always be there. Once you are married, your wife gets priority because she has left her family and is dependent on you. Your indifference towards your wife is not right. Please set your priorities right. Get a separate house/ flat for your parents ( close by to your house).
I feel that you should see a counsellor and not an advocate. Please take some efforts to save your marriage.
1 Like

Hemant Kawade   09 August 2018

I understand she has left her house and family. But isnt she suppose to take care of my mom properly? I have 2bhk home purposely taken taking this things into mind. Just because she cant treat my mum adequately, am i need to separte my parents. They are Old now and now its my and my wife responsibilty to take care of him.

Love comes only when you give. Sex is an expression of love. When you have denied it to her, she has no obligation whatsoever to take care of your parents or you. Please understand that marriage is not a barter system or a business or a contract. Its very sacred. Love her without any expectations and you will be able to see changes in your wife.
Taking care of your parents is your responsibility and not your wife's. If all you wanted to do was to take care of your parents, you shouldn't have got married and kept a full time domestic help to take care of your parents.

Please don't get offended. I'm writing with the intention to save your marriage.

Please don't get offended. I'm writing with the intention to save your marriage.

Rihan   09 August 2018

Dear Hemant,

You can file case against her that she is not taking care of your parents and forcing to have separate family. you can file diviorce on this ground. File DV also. Get evidence first. installl secret camers at home. How she is behaving with your parenst when you are not at home. it will get record. try to record her phone calls etc. if you have enough proof you will get divorce.

On the other part, She will file 498, 3,4-DPA, DV cases on you and your family. you have to face tough time of 1 to 2months until you get bail. she will file maintenance also. These cases goes on min 5 to 7 years.

If you are a warrier you can do this. otherwise be compromise and stay with her.

Martin S.   09 August 2018

Now that you have married, if you cant live with wife, take mutual divorce.  Dont drag matter for long.  Contested divorce takes 10-20 years to get over.  Mutual divorce you will get in 6 months time.  You are stag type person, marriage does not suit your nature.  even if you take divorce, dont re-marry.  go for live in relation.  That is best for you.  Not marriage. 10 people will suggest 10 things ultimately its your life.  Think and take decision and most importantly stick to whatever decision you take. Dont be fickle minded.

adv asgar   11 August 2018

according to my point of view u property is not part of divorce .n u will file a civil suit fr divorce in the court of law..if u want divorce then she will demand u or u have to compansate her

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query