want to change the name of my son

I m divorcee from last four years by mutual consent. I have 10 years old son who is in my custody. His father never comes to meet him in those years and he was not pay for his
education and other things. I didn't demand any alimony from him. I m working in private firm and manage all the things like my son's education and our daily needs.
I want to change my sons birth name and I want to give him my name. How can I do this legally and one more thing can I change his birth certificate.

Simple, just file a declratory suit in the Civl Court and give him a brand new name. Since you are his Mother the Conventions on Elimintion of All Forms of Discriminations Against Women 1979, gives you the right in such matters, as the interest of the Child shall be paramount.

Total likes : 1 times



That would be strange  ground to challenge the Birth certificate;

However you can change the name of your ward if he is under you cutody legally.


Your son soon will be in an age to make his own decision. Let him choose his life. He already would have gone much trauma being the divorce between the parents. Wisdom is in not furthering the situation any more.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x