LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samueallss (abc)     07 December 2010

want to change consideration in correction deed

2 months back i have made an "Agreement to sale" for a property and registered.  But before a final deed we both ( i.e.vendor and purchaser) mutually decided to reduce the consideration amount.  Can we reduce the consideration amount by way of deed of correction?.

Does any addition document is requiered to be prepared along with correction deed?

Please help.



 6 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     07 December 2010

I think u cancle the Agreement for sale and thenafter registered new Agreement for sale this is best way but the registration fee 1% pay at the time of cencle the Agreement for Sale in Gujarat.

VIJAY MONGA (ADVOCATE)     07 December 2010

You can not reduce the consideration amount now. No I am not agreed with my friend Mr. Bharat Kumar for the reason I do not see any provision for cancellation of Agreement for sale.

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     09 December 2010

You can get the Agreement to sale cancelled with mutual consent. There is no bar in cancellation of Agreement to sale. In this respect I do not agree with Mr. Vijay Monga, Advocate.


After cancellation of Agreement to sal, you can go for a fresh Agreement to saleat the redued consideration. I think that the correction deed would not be possible in the matter.

Samueallss (abc)     09 December 2010

Thanks to reply, but what about the stamp duty and regn fees I hae already paid ?  or the same would get adjusted In my new agreement?




Samueallss (abc)     09 December 2010

someone suggested me that this problem would get settlled with the help of "Supplimentory Deed".  will it help?

Please suggest me the correct way...........


M.S.Bhalerao (advocate)     25 December 2010

if both of have mutual understanding and trust each other then allow the time fixed in the sale agreement to laps so that the sale agreement will stand automatiacally cancelled. there after you can enter into a fresh agreement to sale.. if price is bellow the  Jantry Price i.e. the price chart as fixed by the Govt. stamp paper will be required for the valu as fixed by the Govt. authority even when the sale price in the sale deed is shown on the lesser side.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register