Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish   05 November 2022

Want to become advocate where i am owner of 2 pvt ltd company and 1 llp company and 1 partnership

Hi All,

i am owner of 2 private limited company 1 llp and 1 partnership firm.

i am doing LLB also and want to become advocate.

what are the thing I should consider to become advocate.

and what are the steps required me for this

Regards,

Ashish

Learning

4 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     06 November 2022

You can become another Birla, Tata, or Ambani etc. But to become an advocate, you have to obtain law degree  first.

Ashish   06 November 2022

Can i be a share holder in all other companies? After becoming advocate?

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     06 November 2022

Bar Council of India Rules under the Advocates Act, 1961.

Section VII- Restriction on their Employment

47. An advocate shall not personally engage in any business; but he may be a sleeping partner in a firm doing business provided that in the opinion of the appropriate State Bar Council, the nature of the business is not inconsistent with the dignity of the profession.

48. An advocate may be Director or Chairman of the Board of Directors of a Company with or without any ordinarily sitting fee, provided none of his duties are of an executive character. An advocate shall not be a Managing Director or a Secretary of any Company.

49. An advocate shall not be full-time salaried employee of any person, government, firm, corporation or concern, so long as he continue to practice, and shall, on taking up any such employment, intimate the fact to the Bar Council on whose roll his name appears, and shall thereupon cease to practice as an advocate so long as he continues in such employment.

Ashish   08 November 2022

Si i can be a director and shareholder of a company and i can be change my partnership firm to pvt ltd also.

please clear this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register