Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak (Sr Associate)     27 May 2010

Want to add Surname

Hi,

My name is Deepak in all the documents including my passport. Now I want to add my surname which was missed due to my teacher's mistake. Please suggest me how I can do this.

Learning

4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     27 May 2010

In case you wish to change your name, that also includes your  surname you have to follow a very simple procedure.

Go to the State Government Press in the Capital City of your state.

Ask them for the form for change of name and obtain it.

Fill up the form and submit it (preferably then and there).

Pay the requisite Fees in cash.

The Press would publish the details of the change of your name (or father's/mother's name, or surname as be your case) and post you two copies of the Government Gazette or ask you to collect the same. The press would also let you know when they would publish the same.

Thereafter wherever you wish to submit your change of Name / Father's/mother's Name / Surname Proof, you can submit true copies of the relevant pages of the Gazette.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     27 May 2010

Make steps to publish  your name in State Gazzette and then apply for new pass port 

Deepak (Sr Associate)     27 May 2010

OK Thanks, but how about my school docs and also i already have a passport.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     28 May 2010

For obtaining passport make an application for passport with the publication in gazzattee and also the current passport.

For other school documents, you need to submit copy of gazzattee with the original certificate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register