LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vishal goel (Consultant )     14 April 2010

Want divorce by both

I was married for 8 years but the going was tough as my wife was very suspicious in nature where as for eight years i tried to live with her but life was hell with her for me and time and again she used to threaten me as i was not having much backup from my family .I was having long time affair before marriage and one day i met her initially we were very formal but slowly we found that we have been missing each other for  all these years , and from my body language she could guess it and soon every thing was open after that our life become hell and her husband was also informed who actually is sort of so called terrorist in nature ,now i am staying away for last three months but i am getting too many threatening calls from her husband and vice versa ,her life has become hell , now we both want to divorce our spouses , neither of our spouses are ready because of ego issues , i have two sons and she has a daughter of 10 yrs ,how we can proceed as her husband is very abusive as well physically torturing her now and then.she wants me to take divorce ist as in case my case is pending she has firm feeling he may go to any extent while i will appear for hearing and all,please sugest us how we can go through the same and time frame required to get divorce in case one of spouse is not ready for any reason  

Learning

1 Replies

Bidhan Dave (Advocate)     14 April 2010

I believe that u r hindu & hence u have to proceed as per the proviso of s.13 of Hindu Marriage Act.

To get divorce u need to establish cruelty or willful desertion from your wife.

I afraid it will be very difficult to establish the above fact.

Even otherwise it is a long procedure & it will takes years to get divorce.

My advice is simply forget about the idea of divorce & be a good father & good husband & take care of your children & wife.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register