Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

caroline (admn)     18 June 2010

wanna get a plot in isntallment

Hi

iam planning to get a plot of 1/2 a ground (1200 sq ft) in thiruvallur dist. thru a builder in chennai. since i dont have a ready cash wanna purchase the land thru the installment scheme they have.

they said only after the installment  period is over the property will be registered in my name.

iam scared to take a risk iof paying them without registration.

they also informed that a  registerd agreement would be done betweent the owner of the property and me stating that iam paying off for so and so plot and the current owner cant do any thing with the plot and incase if the builder runs away from the business then the property belongs to me.

the property is panchayat approved and nopt a dtcp / cmda.

i have no clue about the actuals and law pertaining to plot purchase.

pl tell me can i proceed further to purchase a plot or shal is drop the propposel. if i can proceed with wat the documents need to be chkd and how the agree to me written the main ponts.

pls help me..

caroline

Learning

1 Replies

Pritam K (Lawyer )     18 June 2010

Hi,

Please make sure before taking any decision that this guys have not made this type of transaction with any body else. You can pull details of the said Property from the Tahsildar Office for what type transacton has been done on the said Property. Consult a local lawyer or you personally can make and application to the Tahsildar Office by asking there the copies of 7/12 Extract, Form 6 and Form 8.

To go a head you need the Survey Number with you. At the end of the day there is a risk in the transaction.

Regards,

pritam

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register