Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Waiver of stamp fees/court fees for a women litigant filing civil defamation case

I am Arti Sinha,a social worker has won a criminal defamation suit in the court of ACJM Jamtara,but the accused persons have been admonished,Now I have filed Civil defamation suit asking compensation amount of Rs 10 lakhs.I wrote an application for stamp fees from DLSA Jamtara but that was rejected,My question is is there is any provision by which i can get the court fees. Thanking you.
Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294

If you want to claim damages, in that case you should file a civil defamation suit.

The court fee for a defamation case varies from state to state, so it is better to enquire about the same locally or take guidance from a local lawyer. The court fee to be affixed on the suit shall be non-refundable. 



What do you mean by  "application for stamp fees from DLSA Jamtara but that was rejected"?





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x