LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

apoorindian (System Admin)     09 March 2010

Waiting for your urgent reply

My lawyer is suggesting of settlement of 498a case in the following manner.

1. The girl’s family will return the jewellery given by us and in return we will have to give whatever girls jewellery we have.

2. Filing of Mutual Divorce under 13B.

3. We have to pay Rs 40,000 in cash which includes fees for girls lawyer for Mutual divorce.

4. Our  498a case will run by evidence in the trial(lower court). The Magistrate will be informed that 13b has been filed and compromise has been reached. Girls side will also say the same thing. Accquital of charges will be reached along with Mutual Divorce.

Browsing the net for a month, I have come know that 498a needs to be quashed in High Court if settlement has been reached.

My lawyer says that in my case its not applicable as bail has been given. He said something as acceptance of guilt.

I don’t know what will happen. Also I know corruption can make many things happen.

My lawyer got Regular bail for my brother(groom) and Ma on furnishing bonds of Rs 500 only. Everything moved smoothly. Although I spent RS. 40,000 for this.

regards

Learning

3 Replies

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     13 July 2010

Dear Author,

There are more questions to ask from u. U can call me at 9871158578.

Jithendra.H.J (Lawyer)     22 November 2010

why Rakhi is shy of giving answers  online?

PARTHA P BORBORA (advocate)     22 November 2010

each and every case is different.. A 498 A case may be quashed by the high court. but your case may not be quashed if there is sufficient incriminating material agaist you, in that situation it may reject your petition.

So, my friend pl follow the advice given by your ld. Advocate.

More over you quote       "Also I know corruption can make many things happen. " ??????? what does it mean??????????????

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More