Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nagendran (manager)     19 May 2016

Voilation of rights

Dear Sir,

We are staying in Kolar Gold Field, Karnataka, we purchased our property in 1976 and one of my Neighbor purchased the property in 1971 and my neighbor constructed the house in his portion in 1978. since we purchased propert in 1971, we were not aware on what is written in his sale deed on rights to keep the doors and windows in our portion. during the consutrcution he kept the doors and wndows in our portion but my father and grandfather didn't ask anything since they were not aware on what is written in their saledeed on rights. Recently (in April 2016) we came to know that, my Neighbor didn't have any rights to keep the doors and windows in our portion and we verified the same in his documents as well.

Could you please let me know how can we proceed to close the doors and windows through legally? since years passed, does my neighbor claim the rights ?

Learning

4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 May 2016

"Could you please let me know how can we proceed to close the doors and windows through legally? why you want the doors and windows to be closed?

nagendran (manager)     19 May 2016

Hi Sir, Tnx for the reply.

my neighbor  door and windows are in my passage  which is exit and entry for my house. he is trying to occupy my passage illegally and want to construct another door...

Nagendran

JustAdvisor (IT)     19 May 2016

a right on someone else's property is generally called an easement. your case is slightly on the weaker side since you did not object for 38 years. i feel you may be able to stop him from building a new door but existing door and window would stay. please show all documents on record to an able counsel who will take it further.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 May 2016

The opinions and suggestions made by 'just advisor' seems to be appropriate, I endorse his views.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register