LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vaishali Patil (IT)     16 December 2013

void and null marriage

Hi, As my Father got married in 1967 with a leelabai and after 3 days she left home and never returned due to external affairs with other person(Ramakrishna). as my father did not have any register marriage proof and only have marriage card .But my father has mention her name in service letter. After 10 year in 1977 got married with my mother (babybai) and have 4 children's. Leelabai married with person(Ramakrishna) who was already married and leelbai was second wife so still there is case going on for pension dispute between Ramakrishna first wife(vimalbai) and leelabai. But now vimalabai and Ramakrishna is no more. And leelabai is saying that she is first wife of Ramakrishna. When I checked marriage certificate of leelabai it states that she was already married with ramkrishana in 1966 before her marriage with my father. So leelabai did fraud with my father. And she is not accepting that she was married with my father because do not want to loose ramkrishna pension as well as property. But we want to remove leelabai name from service letter. Please do let me know if you need more details.

Learning

5 Replies

Vaishali Patil (IT)     17 December 2013

please help

Damayanti (Unemployed)     19 December 2013

are you trying solve moot problems here? then just take a break (and vanish) ...

At least you shud write it properly.

you wrote ......... When I checked marriage certificate of leelabai it states that she was already married with ramkrishana in 1966 before her marriage with my father

which marriage certificate states like this and that too about marriage in 1966!!! 

in which country this dispute is going on?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 December 2013

In this case you are not able to explain how her marriage with father was void?

Regardless it is your father who got her name recorded in service records. Certainly without court order of divorce the name cannot be deleted.

Now for seeking divorce from your father at this age she needs to admit the existance of marriage and which she cannot be expected to cooperate at this stage. She may not be interested in loosing hjer pension just for the sake of your thirst to correct the records which in any way are not expected to effect you.

If all these facts would have come to light during your father's service he would have been thrown out of Army on the charge of bigamy.

Is your mother alive?

How does it effect you if her name remains in record?

You want to remove her name but you never said you never said what your father wants. Has he during service done anything to get the record corrected?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 December 2013

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Urgent-need-help-94097.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register