Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rakesh sharma (owner)     02 September 2014

Visitation rights after 3 years delay...

Hello Experts, I have a question and i'm sure i will get an answer. 1.) So, Three years back wife got separated from me and along with took the child with her after she fooled me. 2.) Three months after separation I was hit by PWDVA & Divorce case. 3.) So i thought of filing for visitation but couldn't gather the courage to do so but i kept helping my child by giving her money every month. 4.) The reason for not filing visitation was that she was only 3 years old at the time of separation and that she was of-course at a stage where her mind is very tender hence i thought if i file visitation the she might be called to the court where she would see her mother and father fighting and hence keeping in view that the child should see the court at all and that i didn't wanted my child to grow up while seeing her mom and dad fight and hence never asked for visitation. 5.) Today i think differently may be i was full of negative thoughts earlier but now i think of filing for visitation and i also regret my earlier stand on not filing for visitation. It was my wife's contention that i have tortured my child too but the judge in family court has found the submission of my wife frivolous. Please i'm doing this for meeting her and this is not a delaying tactics. So please tell me brothers whether i can still apply for visitation in family court and what reason will i mention for the delay. Note:- The family court matter has been kept for filing written arguments and the case is nearing towards end. So far case stands good but my life lacks the love of my daughter...

Learning

2 Replies

rakesh sharma (owner)     02 September 2014

Anykind of input is appreciated...Thanks to all...

SP Singhss (Engineer)     09 September 2014

You can file for Child custody anytime

Reasons for delay you can quote any ie - Mother father not well, You were not ready and in depression etc

Get a good lawyer and fight the case strongly only then you can get custody of your child

I myself am fighting for custody, if you need any help call me 9910158199

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register