Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prem (Asst Professor)     02 July 2014

Visit to psychiatrist

Hello,

My wife has been behaving strangely for a year or so. She keeps saying things that are not true. All her allegations were disproved when her family and my family members sat down to discuss this issue. She also has 5 other symptoms that are typical of a paranoid schizophrenia. She attempted to commit suicide at least 4 times. once in front of me. I had consulted a physician and also a psychiatrist, who has asked me to bring my wife to her clinic soon. Now, her family is not allowing me to take her to psychiatrist.  I have negotiated with her parents through my relatives but without any success. Is there any way I can bring her to psychiatrist and start the treatment soon?

Learning

11 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     02 July 2014

she is your wife if you want to take her to visit the psychiatrist for her treatment then what should be the problem of her parents , you do one thing call the psychiatrist to your home and take his advice in writing.

perm32 (Asst Professor)     02 July 2014

Originally posted by : laxmi kant joshi
she is your wife if you want to take her to visit the psychiatrist for her treatment then what should be the problem of her parents , you do one thing call the psychiatrist to your home and take his advice in writing.

THank you Laxmi Kant. Her parents think that she does not have any mental illness.  However, her brother told me a while ago that she has similar behavioural problems atleast 4-5 times when she as a teenager. As you have suggested, I'll call the psychiatrist and get her advice in writing.

(Guest)

Prem, I owe you for your patience, will and the kindness towards your wife.

Do as Joshi sir suggested. If your FIL, MIL or any others argues regarding this tell them to go hell. she is your wife now. You are trying to put your best in making your matrimonial life happy with your spouse.

Good luck. 

perm32 (Asst Professor)     03 July 2014

Originally posted by : Sufferer

Prem, I owe you for your patience, will and the kindness towards your wife.

Do as Joshi sir suggested. If your FIL, MIL or any others argues regarding this tell them to go hell. she is your wife now. You are trying to put your best in making your matrimonial life happy with your spouse.

Good luck. 

Thank you Sufferer Sir. I had dropped my wife in her parents place a month ago due to her intolerable behaviour. I had tried to explain all the symptoms to them, yet they are reluctant to let her meet psychiatrist. Don't know what to do.  They said I can pick her up from their house and bring her to my house any time but not to psychiatrist. Don't know what to do.

(Guest)
Prem ji, i can understand how much you are worried. Dont get distracted or panicked. Moreover follow as joshi sir said....take the written statement from the Dr and psbly get police help if needed to get rid of your fil family... I cant advice you legally than this. Hope for good.

perm32 (Asst Professor)     03 July 2014

Thank you Sufferer ji. I'll talk to the Dr and keep you updated.

Johny (Middle Management Professional)     04 July 2014

Dear Prem,

Hats off to you for taking care of your wife irrespective of her parents reluctance. I suggest that you get some behavioural help for your wifes parents first. They are harming their child more than helping her. Instead of meeting "psychiatrist" - why dont you try get to meet some good counsellors who can talk to your wife and her parents just to understand the situation.

I am sure if you research in your friends circle or your city - you will find lot of professional counselling people who can help you and your family in this difficult time.

Keep up the great work. Proud of you.

Regards,

Johny

Have a Heart Foundation (Sales & Mktng)     06 July 2014

You can make an application Under Section 12 of the Family Courts Act, 1984, the Court is empowered to secure the services of medical experts in such cases if needed.

aflatoon dash (health)     19 July 2014

When your wife is in good mood impress upon her that marrage needs two to suceed and as feel that yur marriage needs help both of you should go topsychiatrist to mend and improve your marital life .Visiting sychiatrist does not mean one is mad but it also means you two are willing to improve upon oneself to gain more marital harmony.

Pradeep (Eng.)     22 July 2014

Did you torture her ? To prove her allegations wrong, there is no need to make her a mental patient. Do not take that extreme step. Psychiatric meds can cause lot of harm. Karma can backfire mani-fold.

perm32 (Asst Professor)     30 August 2014

Originally posted by : Pradeep
Did you torture her ? To prove her allegations wrong, there is no need to make her a mental patient. Do not take that extreme step. Psychiatric meds can cause lot of harm. Karma can backfire mani-fold.

No, I did not torture her, not even a bit. I have noticed her psychosis behaviour for more than 8 months and consulted a psychiatrist. Now, it has been a month since we issued lawyer's notice to her and her dad to bring her for medical check up, they have not replied yet. However, they are willing to come to a psychiatrist. My question is should I take her to psychiatrist without her replying to my lawyer's notice? Or should I wait for her reply and take her to psychiatrist?

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register