LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manpreet (Manager)     29 June 2015

Victim of fake marriage

Dear Experts,

I am victim of fake marriage. My wife and her boyfriend had married (Court marriage) earlier. But my wife parents forcibly married her to me. I came to know about her court marriage through her female friend through chatting on social website. She has completely wasted my four years and harrased me and my family.She has also wasted my social image by various allegations.

I know the addres of her and her boyfireind address. How can I get the copy of their court marriage certificate/docs.

Experts please guide me. Thanx in advance


 8 Replies

Amol Kende (No)     29 June 2015

You collect the information through your wifes friend then ask her about the details of marriage registrar when it received go to them and ask for the date and details take copy or marriage certificate from them and present it to the court she will definately arrested by the court under Begamy and will punish by court and ask for divorce its a groung of divorce court will declaire your marriage is illegal hence you are free fro remarriage with other any.

Sachin Agarwal (Learner in Law)     29 June 2015

If your find proof of earlier marriage then you may also proceed to file a suit seeking NULLITY OF MARRIAGE under section 12 of Hindu Marriage Act.

Manpreet (Manager)     29 June 2015

       I get the information from her friend , then can I get the marriage documents officially from the registrar. If yes then how?

Amol Kende (No)     29 June 2015

Yes but you need to provide to document no and date hence ask your wife friend to provide marriage certificates photo copy or scan copy but this thing should not know by your wife

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 June 2015

try online with the registration department website.with the name and address of the couple you can find details of marriage

Globe Law Legal (Advocacy)     30 June 2015

Online procedure may prove helpful if you have the details


Sachin Agarwal (Learner in Law)     01 July 2015

If you know approximate date and place of registration of marriage then RTI can also be a tool.  Call 0888-2-498-498 to seek expert advice.  also visit

All assistance is free.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 July 2015

1. Being a third party information the SPIO/ PIO shall not provide you the copy of requisite document i.e., marriage certificate since it is a bar under section 8 of the Right to Information Act, 2005.

2. However, use "some" backdoor entry and obtain copy of the marriage certificate.

3. Alternativly move to the court in a suit for declaration of the marriage to be a nullity on the basis of fraud committed by her. In evidence of the suit you can pray the court to summon the records of Registrar of Marriages where the marriage can be found registered (if you are confident). In the same suit your counsel can also issue notice to your wife and ask for the document under the provisions of Order XII Rule 8 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register