LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

REDLAM RAMAKRISHNA (Working in stores)     15 October 2009

Victamization in VRS Scheme

How to fight with such big company GE for getting VRS amount as per details attached herewith?  Kindly show me the way please.


 3 Replies

Ashish Ovalekar (Manager Legal & Compliance)     21 October 2009

Dear Redlam,

I would suggest that you approach the Union of the Company, and tell them to take up your case. It is worth trying, and better than not trying. Create a case that you were forced to resign from the Company and accept the full and final settlement.

Had you applied for the VRS Scheme, and is there an accknowledgement from the company for the receipt of the same? If yes then you would have a good case.

Its better to try than to fail without trying.


MAHBOOB ALI KHAN (operator)     24 March 2010

sir how much amount of vrs to income tax and howmay percent and how tosave vrs tax. thanks pls reply.

Sarjooram Sharma (Assistant Labour commissioner)     24 March 2010

I think VRS is not covered under labour laws. If you had applied within the time limit when the VRS Scheme was in force, it should be treated as discrimination among the employee as some employees who opted VRS were given more benefit but you could not get as you have resigned from the service. Though you were also entitled for the same benefit as was given to the employees who opted for VRS. Your case is not so strong. but you can go to High Court directly in writ jurisdiction for violation of Art 14 etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query