LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinesh Maha   13 November 2020

vermicompost license Required

Good morning and happy Diwali Everyone, I am from Goa and I want to start my vermicompost production Business,Regarding license according fertilizer act 1985 Clause 14 ,says not necessary to obtain license, on base of 14 clause Is possible to start my vermicompost production please Guide me.
Below are the point pasted from Fertilizer act 1985

Requirement for certificate of manufacture (3) Every person desiring to obtain a Certificate of Manufacture for preparation or organic fertilizer or biofertiliser shall make an application in Form D, in duplicate, together with a fee prescribed therefore under clause 36, to Registering authority.

“Provided that where the manufacturer of organic fertilizer is a State Government or a municipality, it shall not be necessary for it to obtain the Certificate of Manufacture:

Provided further that where the manufacturer of vermicompost, other than a State Government or municipality, has annual production capacity less than fifty metric tonnes, it shall not be necessary for him to obtain the Certificate of Manufacture for preparation of vermi-compost.”

Learning

4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 November 2020

The legal provision self explanatory. No licence necessary if production is within prescribed limit.

1 Like

Dinesh Maha   15 November 2020

Thank you sir,so I cannot sell to others if production is within limit and what will be the penalty if I sale .

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 November 2020

No one can be prevented from selling what he produce. Please note that such activities constitute the Fundamental Right to Freedom protected by Article 19 of the Constitution.

1 Like

Shehajpreet Singh   22 March 2021

So like if  i am making around 200 tons of VERMICOMPOST per year.   Will that require  any  agricultural license? Or fertilizer  license?

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register