Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirali Nayak   07 July 2021

Vehicle registration

Dear learned counsel,

I wanted to know that, can I run my bike without re-registration under my name because I bought bike from one of my relatives and I have only NOC. Will there be any legal problems?

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 July 2021

Driving/Riding without Registration

fine can be imposed by traffic police ₹5,000 | ₹10,000 for subsequent offence

-

Kevin Moses Paul   15 July 2021

As per your query, let me tell you that there is no restriction in refard to drive a vehicle registered in another person's name, only until the registration papers of the vehicle and your licence are current. Thus, no police officer is eligible to fine an individual for just driving a vehicle belonging to another person on that ground only.

However, it is very important that an individual carry an authorization letter from the owner of the vehicle if you are travelling inter-city or inter-state. Since we are witnessing lot many vehicle theft cases, the police might intercept you at any time and verify the details from you so as to ascertain that you are not driving a stolen vehicle.

In addition to all these, an individual has to make sure that there are no cases pending against the owner of the vehicle particularly in connection with the vehicle like accident or non-payment of loan installments etc.

Hope It Helps

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register