Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vat and service tax on flats

Page no : 2

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     19 December 2011

You may be able to get the information from the State Government Department where registration for vat is done, if necessary, through an application under RTI.

Did you not ask the builder why is he not disclosing his registration number?  What does he say? If you are sure that he is unreasonable, you can go to the Consumer Forum.

sid chopra (proprietor)     26 January 2012

Thank you all especially the angel who couragepusly tread :)

Now the latest news is that serviuce tax has been set at 1% of remeinder amount payable after July 2010. That is heartening.

However, the Vat issue remins. Calls to the builders office receive responses which show that they are totally unaware of the latest 20th jan 2012 HC order concerning ST>

Second, they yet maintain that Vat is 5% of the agreement value for flats purchased before April 2010. After that period the rate is 1%. Therefore for those like me we have to shell out a whopping amount .. something like 7 laksh if the State does not come utt and clarify why the previous Vat should be more than the latest and the fact is that the matter was taken to court because of this huge amount of unjust taxation.

can somebody help in the matter please?

spriya (na)     28 March 2012

I am buying a flat in bangalore and the builder is charging me with a 7% of the cost of the apartment for vat and service tax. what is the percentage of these and should this be paid by the buyer?

Chandrakal B.Naik (Assistant Account Officer)     25 August 2012

we bought a flat in aug 2009 at borivali at rs. 25 lakhs in resale(from Old owner).....
at the time of purcase we paid stamp duty & registration amount.....

so now do we have to pay VAT ????? & how much????

thnx...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register