Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tribhuwan Pratap Gupta (Advocate)     01 November 2022

Value of stmp to be fixed in memo of appearance in himachal pradesh disstt.court

I want to send written argument for my client with memo of appearance etc. by post I am living and practising in chhattisgrah courts .want to how much value of stamp to be fixed in memo of appearance and written argument.case is under sec 138 of NI Act reply will be highly appreciated 

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 November 2022

You are expected to know that the "Stamp duty" is levied for non-judicial functions / documents which is a State subject.

Presumably you mean "Court Fees", that is also a State subject, wherein I think neither memo of appearance nor written arguments require any Court Fees, however, it can be ascertained / verified from website of Himachal Pardesh High Court.. 

Whatsoever, what sort of written argument do you want to submit in a case u/s 138 NI Act, 1881. 

Tribhuwan Pratap Gupta (Advocate)     02 November 2022

It islike countering the facts/ and points raised by complainant in his plaint/complain filed in.the Court.weather I can submit document written argument by speed post directly in the name of judge/ Court directly before the date of next hearing 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register