Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

INDIAN Bharathiya   06 May 2021

Validity of marriage to get mutual divorce

kindly help 

I was married in temple in 1995 without families in daily cloth with just garland exchange .The certificate is not possible as i have NO pictures of marriage .No wedding cards etc etc .but i do have my husbands name in my passport and also in property documents .This marriage is not accepted socially also ,We have been living together from 26 years and we have No children .

Now we wants to divorce mutually how do i go about it ?Is the marriage itself not valid ?Kindly how to go about it .

Lots pf regards 

thank you  

Learning

5 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     06 May 2021

Without documents and proof ,how you added your husband name in passport and property? State the facts clearly .

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     06 May 2021

When a unmarried couple is living together as husband and wife since long then they would be presumed to be legally married.Since you both are living together since last 26 years and also have passport and other documents which are evident that you both are wife and husband.No additional evidence is required to prove your marriage.Your marriage is perfectly valid and legal

You have to file petition for divorce on ground of mutual consent under provisions of Hindu Marriage Act.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     06 May 2021

Hello,

Yes, you have to approach court and file mutual consent divorce application in court. 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     06 May 2021

AGREE with above Experts Advices.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     06 May 2021

Agreed with the advice of the learned expert Mr. Bhartesh Goyal Sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register