Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Asvinraaj (NDT Coordinator)     10 October 2010

validity of a sale agreement

Dear All,

I bought one agri.land in Tamil nadu with proper sale deed registered in 2004. My mother made an unregistered sale agreement from the same land owner for the same land in 2003 with one year time limit. My sale deed executed with in the time of one year of my mother’s agreement time limit. The details of my mother’s agreement has not been mentioned in my sale deed.It is mentioned in the agreement that it have no validity after one year. Is the unregistered sale agreement with one year time will have validity still?  Now my mother is opposing my rights in that land. Please give your valuable advice.

Learning

6 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     10 October 2010

Dear Mr. Asvinraaj,

How many times would you post the same issue again and again?  This issue was replied when you posted the matter earlier.  Apart from the matter was also clarified through several Private Messages.

Please avoid repeating the same questions several times.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     10 October 2010

Your mother's claim is already barred by limitation.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 October 2010

It is barred by limitation.  Within 3 years from the date of execution of agreement of sale, sale deed should be regd.,

R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     14 October 2010

I agree with experts.

SANJAI KUMAR SINGH (RETIRED WING COMMANDER)     15 October 2010

Dear Sirs.If a sale agreement very categorically states that nothing will make the Sale invalid, and the registration is not done even after 10 years .will the Limitation of Three years still hold making the Sale Agreement Useless? In this particular case ( what i am referring to ) the Agreement to sell a property was made on the basis of a Power of Attorney ( which was a Registered one but cancelled two months after sale Agreement was made ) AND 80% of the sale value was paid by the Buyer. Will the whole transaction be invalidated because the Ale agreement has ?was not Registered to date. The main reason for the sale agreement not being registered was that the person who signed the sale deed was in Jail shortly after signing the Sale Deed and was thus not in a position to get it Registered.

any advice on this will be greatly appreciated..

SKSingh

R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     15 October 2010

Mr. Sanjai Kumar Singh, you ask your query in a separate thread. Otherwise it will be confusing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register