LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narayan Trivedi   28 March 2018

valid proof for marriage?

husband notarized affidavit of husband stating he married that woman, notarized affidavit of wife stating same, notarized joint affidavit of husband wife stating same, notarized marriage contract, couple photos, couple photos in which wife worn mangal sutra, call recording between husband and wife.
are above mention thing can be used as proof of marriage in dispute of marriage?

Learning

8 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     28 March 2018

Yes they can be used if not being challenged by opposite party. The actual proof of marriage is by way of photographs, video recording of marriage ceremonies, witness of priest solemnizing the marriage ceremonies, eye witnesses be of the actual marriage ceremonies, and definitely the marriage certificate issued by the priest or temple where marriage was solemnized as well marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of marriages.
2 Like

i have no such proof

only above mentioned affidavit , marriage contract and couple photos, call recording

now she did second marriage.

what should do?

if opposite party challenge my proof as forgery, who will have burden of proof? my self or opposite party?

Tirthankar Bose   28 March 2018

if the opposite party challenges then you have to show proof which Mr. Vijay Raj Mahajan have mentioned

Online.498a.DV.Act.Crusader   28 March 2018

Originally posted by : Narayan Trivedi
husband notarized affidavit of husband stating he married that woman, notarized affidavit of wife stating same, notarized joint affidavit of husband wife stating same, notarized marriage contract, couple photos, couple photos in which wife worn mangal sutra, call recording between husband and wife.are above mention thing can be used as proof of marriage in dispute of marriage?

You want to rid of the marriage?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register