Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anis (Asst. Manager - Sales)     08 September 2012

Urgent: written statement in family court within 90 days

Dear Experts,


My wife has challenged the Triple Talaq in Family Court, Bandra. The first hearing was on 14/6/2012 and we were sent for counselling. The counsellor gave us the next date for second session but that did not happen as both me and my wife were absent. So we got the next date as 10/9/2012.

Now my lawyers is saying that I have to file a Written Statement as it is mandatory to file it within 90 days or else the judge may pass ex-Parte order and not accept the WS at a later date.

Please suggest a solution for this and also if someone can help me with the format to file WS so that I can prepare it and file it on 10/9/12 as today being Saturday my advocate is not working. I'm very tensed. Please help.

Thanks & Regards,



 6 Replies

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases.     08 September 2012

When you have appointed the lawyer let him do the job.

Even though there is NINETY DAYS time limit but you can apply for extention of time and court may grant it after payment of costs.

Anis (Asst. Manager - Sales)     08 September 2012

thanks for your reply.

How much will be the approximate cost

stanley (Freedom)     08 September 2012

This is the job of your lawyer . If he is not co-operating than change the lawyer.Till than you can file an application in the court on so and so grounds you were unable to give your say and hence seek  an extension.  

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 September 2012

Mr.Stanley suggestion is correct

Prashant Ghai (Advocate) (     08 September 2012

Yes, change your Advocate as these kind of delays in future may cost you in your case. Also, you can file the WS after 90 days along with an application for condonation of delay.

Never Give Up (Fighter)     11 September 2012

Judge will say strongly that next date bring the WS or else i will pass orders. Then you run for lawyer to draft the reply. Till that point of time you can relax !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads