LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

radhika (housewife)     28 July 2012

Urgent --- rcr hearing- plz help

my husband filed for an RCR and i had the first hearing on 14th of June in gujarat, and i stay in delhi ... I did not appear in the hearing ,as guided by my lawyer tht I do not hvae to appear in the hearing at all... he will take care of tht... but i m not sure whether he appeared on my behalf or not.... moreover my lawyer has not given me any details or  any documents related to RCR, also i have not received any notice for the next hearing ... so, as i wanted to stay with my husband. but my lawyer said i do not hve to appear and he will file for a case tansfer to delhiand wht i got to know till date he has not filed for a case trnsfer i feel tht my lawyer is miguiding me as i have not appeared in the court to answer to RCR.... plz tell me wht i should do...... ? i do not want the case should go against me ... or to break the marriage....

Learning

7 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     28 July 2012

dear querist,

you arew right your lawyer is misguiding you,if your intention is to live with your husband its a perfact time as he had filed a rcr gainst you ,but in your WS you have to state that you are ready to live with him but  mention all your problems before the ld court .

what is the need of transfering the case to delhi ,it will pull you in long litigation that there will remain so less chance of compromise.go and appear before the ld court on first hearing and ask the ld court to resolve the case in first hearing as you are ready to come with your husband.

feel free to call on 9459321520

hi anish ... first too hearing has already happen ... now what should i do , plz tell me wht could be the next step...

hi anish... plz tell me wht could be the next step as i have missed frist two hearing.... can i go to the third hearing and show my interest to stay with my husband..

shekar hkes (nill)     28 July 2012

first go to court and enquiry about ur next hearing date , and present for hearing

Personally tell to judge i want join with my husband .and ask for next date so you can hire a new laywer with the help of him u file u conditon / problems infront of court..

1 Like

MRRpersonality (Knows very little about Indian laws)     30 July 2012

Unless you really do not want to join your husband,  the good purpose the RCR serves is the counselling/mediation which requires your personal attendance.  Many judges are insisting on this, as a first step.  If you have strong reasons to oppose the RCR, and do not want to join your husband, it is a good idea to make good of the opportunitey to go through counselling.  If you have grievances on your husband, they can be sorted out at the mediation.   If nothing works, then you are free to contest.

Sunny (Other)     01 August 2012

Just talk to your husband nicely and sort our your problems. If he wants to reconcile, he will take his complaint back and you can live with him then.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     01 August 2012

No need to take RCR back. U appear in court n do as shekar has suggested

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register