LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R Sharma (Propreitor)     20 June 2011

Urgent help required for case under 420, 467, 471

Dear Sir,

I run an education Company which is into franchising. We are based at Chandigarh. Two days back I came to know that my Firm's current account has been blocked on the request of a Police officer in Maharashtra. I requested my bank to give a copy of the complaint, which they did. I came to know that there is a case against one of our franchises / associates in Maharashtra where he has given some advertisement in a local daily for recruiting people for training, charged them some money and then fleeced away. The Police Officer's letter to the bank says that a case under 420, 467, 471 has been registered.

  1. What should I do?
  2. How can I get to know what exactly is in the FIR?
  3. Shall I apply for anticipatory bail? If yes, where?
  4. How can I get my current account defreezed?
  5. Is this a serious case?

Kind regards


R Sharma


 7 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     20 June 2011

without going thru., the complaint, it cannot be advised you properly.

piyush sharma (Lawyer)     20 June 2011

Off course it is a serious case. How ever defendable Hire some good lawyer in Maharastra.

Ranjeet Singh 9654630139 (Practicing Advocate)     20 June 2011

in my view first  you wil have to take inforamtion regarding the  matter acutaly what happend and what s going on.

RAJENDRAN K.M. 09443050520 (Advocate)     20 June 2011

It is serious matter.The FIR also veryfy concern jurisdiction of that Ps. I adviced for u can appoint a lawyer in ur place of practicing he is helping for ur matter. U have apply A Bail before High court or District court.

Sathish P M (Advocate)     20 June 2011

Dear Friend, 

Please send the FIR copy to me :  The FIR is a public document and can be obtained from the court by paying a specific fee. You can apply for it. Regarding the case registered by Police officerl, he has power to seize the account or freeze the account by issuing a Notice U/s. 102 Cr PC to the bank. But that is not permanant and can be lifted by issuing another letter by the Police Officer. Once you get the FIR we will be able to know whether you are arrayed as an accused in the FIR or not.  Then I will be able to give a legal opinion. You can also approach the court where the FIR is registered and plea for lifting of the seizure of account. 




Advocate Sathish P M 



kandaswamy (Advocate)     21 June 2011

yes this is a serious issue get a anticipatory bail if your name is added in fir so you will not be arrest, further to get a fir copy go to your jurisdiction court where  the fir had registered, you have to file a Copy application in court and you will get a copy of FIR filed by police then it will be easy to continue a case from our side


Firstly obtain the copy of FIR and in case you are named in FIR, you should go for bail otherwise you can go to High Court for cancelling the freezing of your Accounts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register