Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh Kumar (Service)     21 September 2013

Urgent help needed marriage laws

Dear Experts,  

Few days back I had posted a query that my cousin is being threatened at his home for refusing to marry by the girl's father and her uncle.I got the reply that I should file a police complaint.I have some follow up questions.

1.I read a lot and found that there is hardly any action taken to prevent men.How will I get police help in this case.

2.How can we prove that they are threatening.Merely by saying ,will police believe us?

3.What kind of action police will take in this regard?

My cousin is still getting calls from them on phone and fears that they might come again.Please suggest.

Learning

2 Replies

Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     22 September 2013

Mr. Mahesh Kumar

if your cousin are receiving threatening calls from the family members of a girl, he must lodge  FIR immediately. 

Police is bound to register an FIR. Firstly police has to register an FIR. Thereafter investigation starts. whatever police will find in the investigation, they will make the report of the same and same shall be supplied to concerned court.

Adv. Neha ( )     29 September 2013

1.I read a lot and found that there is hardly any action taken to prevent men.How will I get police help in this case.

Lodge a written complaint to police.

2.How can we prove that they are threatening.Merely by saying ,will police believe us?

Get evidence or witnesses. Either record phone calls.

3.What kind of action police will take in this regard?

Police will lodge a FIR and initiate the investigate and then will submit the chargesheet to the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register