Urgent help me plz i am victim of 20 cr fraud


I would like to report the news of identity theft which occured with me.

Somebody using my PAN card /number to register a company and do turnover of Rs. 19.88 crore in last financial year.

I came to know about this when I received an sms last Sunday from Income Tax department stating that my income tax filling not matching with business turnover filed under GST1. 

I am trying to lodge a FIR with local police station. On first instance i failed, they didnt give any importance.

My concerns are how do I prove that I am no way linled with this business entity and not aware about this business turnover ?

Secondly can I file a defamation case against the company or fraudstars who used my PAN to do the fraud and ask for compensastion ?


Lodge your Complaint with local Police Station, and acknowledge such facts to the Higher Police Official of the Jurisdiction. Lodge your such facts to the GST Officials and ROC, immediately. if Police fail to cause any investigation for a substantial period of fortnight, in such event place your Complaint before the Competent Criminal Court having jurisdiction either under Section 156(3) of Cr.P.C. or 200 of Cr.P.C.


Total likes : 1 times


ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108

1. The sequence of events is highly improbable,  more so since even during registration of co. with ROC /Income Tax /GST,  an Aadhar number linked OTP is generated for each registration.  IF you did not take cognizance at that time THEN now you will be deemed to have collided with the offenders.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

Total likes : 1 times


Lodge a complaint under section 156(3) crpc with the help of an Advocate. 


Please find the attached screenshot. This is taken from GST website. It clearly shows that Adhaar not verified and even e-Kyc not verified.

The legal name, and PAN used to create this proprietary business is mine. I am in no way attached to this company not aware about it.



It is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Retired employee.

It appears that it is not a company and a sole proprietorship concern.  Lodge a complaint as grievance both in Incometax portal and GST portal of pgrms (Center) and protect yourself without complications.  Also, publish this in local newspapers.  File RTI Application to all those authorities that are responsible for the issue of such certificate and get certified copies of all documents filed by the fake persons.  Once you are equipped with all these valid documents, then file a complaint to the Supdt of Police online.  The police must register the case and should commence the investigation. .  All these efforts cost less than Rs.100/-   If you can afford litigation entrust this to a competent advocate.  First, protect yourself and after the police files charge sheet, then with that bonafide proof, you can initiate further defamation case and can seek compensation depending on such fact.


File complaint in cyber branch.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x