Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinay (Asst Manager)     11 September 2014

Urgent help!! marriage - divorce

Dear All,

I need advice and suggestions as to what are the options which we use:-

Case:

My relative (female) married this guy 2 years ago in Hindu customs with complete rituals infront of everyone (photos, videos, sapthapadi etc.). However, within a few months of their marriage the guy started her for money, using abusive languages and even threw her stuff outside the house. And then he refused to get the marriage registered. The guy is jobless, he doesn't want to work - however wants to spend all her wife's money and his parents money for his luxuries. 

There was few family discussion and compromise in between and now since almost 6 months my relative (female) is in her parents house. And now the girl wants a divorce and guy is saying that he wont divorce her, basically wants to make her life miserable. And threatens the girl that he can do anything, and the girl's family can do anything to him.

Please help us with the options to get the girl separated and as we are fed up with this, feels like there is no law to protect the innocent people. 

Appreciate your repsonse on this.

Learning

3 Replies

A.VIVEK ADVOCATE (ADVOCATE)     11 September 2014

YOU CAN FILE A CASE FOR DIVORCE 

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR NEAR BY ADVOCATE HE WILL HELP YOU 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 September 2014

If she has decided to divorce him, she can consult a good lawyer, apprise him of the entire details, take his further advise and proceed with the divorce case.  Her husband cannot stop her from filing a divorce case against him.

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     22 October 2014

Marriage invitation is sufficient for filing divorce. You can file divorce under the ground of cruelty. And for dowry harassment you can give a complaint in police.

K.P.Satish Kumar M.L.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register