New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anis (Asst. Manager - Sales)     27 February 2012

Urgent help in sec.406 case

Dear All,

My wife left my house on 8/11/11 and took all the gold that she received from her parents and my family at the time of marriage. Now she is threatening to file a Sec.406 case aainst me and asking to give the same gold that she carried with her. Please advise what should I do.

She has also threatened to file a Sec.498A case against me. I know how to tackle 498A but not sure about Sec.406. Kindly advise me as to what steps I should take.

Thanks & Regards,




 4 Replies

Never Give Up (Fighter)     27 February 2012

Before she does anything..file a complaint of theft in your area police station. mention your wife took all your gold and you need it back and see the wonders !!

false_case_victim (learning things)     27 February 2012

Lawyers i want to ask a question which is relevant here I felt.

Suppose she already kept a 498a,406 case?  Then also...Can we file a case on her that she theft the gold from matrimonial house / husband's house?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     28 February 2012

Golden rule of Police Case.


File it asap, with delay it looses its half of the charm.


Try to settle the matter amicably, rather than climbing up the stairs of the court.


Shonee Kapoor
1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 March 2012

Right Zeeshan Bhai.





Shonee Kapoor

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register