LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

G.R.aggarwal (abcd)     07 September 2013

Urgent help

In-laws tortured for Flat as we belong to aggarwal community and in our community cash is decided before marriage and it was decided 16 lacs cash even after that my parents spent 25 lacs and due to this they thought that why not more we can give to them but when i denied this as i have another sister too so  then they started torturing me physically and mentally. they even tried to strangulate me many times. and so they want reason to throw that they done by below incident my marriage is 1 year 1 month long from that only 6 months i was there and rest at my parents home as my husband left me alone in rented house after receiving call from his mother and sister and gave me warning to leave the house otherwise they will kill me... i was having fear so after waiting one day i call PCR police even on their call he didn't come home and even switched off his mobile... after one day i again contacted police that i feel feared then they said to leave to your parents house even i told them to check my luggage that i haven't taken anything. they came even but till  that day too husband didn't came home. after i left the home my husband and his sister's husband lodge false complaint against us. and husband lodged a complaint that i left the house and taken all valuables like jewellery but that not true because that is in the custody of my mother in-law and sister in-law. now it has been 6 months and our counselling is goining in Women cell there also he says contradictory statements sometime says he will take me after taking case back and then says no and ask for more time and in this way 6 months passed on.  even sometimes he come and sometimes he doesn't and on calling he says he is busy.. in the meantime he has applied for anticipatory bail where he got 3 days notice prior to arrest and dismissed bail as till now no FIR has filled.  in that bail he denied of taking 16 lacs cash and other things and also said it was simple marriage although it was in 5 star hotel. As we have given them in cash so now we get to know that they have booked the hotel on their name only..... we don't know want to do...Also now my sister in-law said that my husband and has joined SIFF so take case back and leave us otherwise they will kill me and SIFF will save them...  in public my mother in-law and sister in-law saying give him divorce we are planning for his second marriage..... 

Learning

6 Replies

Adv Gaikwad 7385647897 (self)     07 September 2013

Is your husband still in jail?. Clarify all facts... for consideration

G.R.aggarwal (abcd)     07 September 2013

No sir, actually till now no FIR has been registered because counselling sessions are going on at women cell where he says neither yes nor no instead asking for time and time,,,,  As i get to know that they have also thrown so many Bahus from their home i.e. his chacha , taya bahu also and in that cases also they just linger on the time and they harassed girls and their family decided to leave now they are thinking that in our case too.... actually this marriage was done on trust of our relative and now we getting to know these type of things that this is trend in their family of throwing girls and taking money and not even return that amount that given on marraige... now he has joined SIFF on which his family giving warnings that they will kill me and still be safe through SIFF... What is SIFF???

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     08 September 2013

SIF/ SIFF --- Save Indian Family/ Save Indian Family Foundation is an NGO, which works against the misuse of dowry law.

There are many such NGOs, as various data shows that most dowry cases are false.

However, what you have heard is an overstatement, SIF/ SIFF does not fight any legal cases for anyone. Nor they meddle in any court/ police processes.

Fight your cases on merits or settle amicably.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

stanley (Freedom)     09 September 2013

@ Author 

The effects of strangulation are as below .Now do you have a Medical report accompained by an FIR to back up your allegations of strangulation .

Petechiae—tiny red spots due to ruptured capillaries—are a signature injury of strangulation. At times, they may only be found under the eyelids, but they may also be found around the eyes and anywhere on the face and neck, including the victim’s scalp.. Blood-red eyes, the result of ruptured capillaries in the white part of the eyes, are indicative of a “particularly vigorous struggle between the victim and assailant The defendant’s arms or hands may have bite marks, bruising, or scratches from the victim’s attempts at self-defense.  The victim may have scratch marks on the neck or under the chin from trying to remove whatever the defendant was using to cut off the blood or oxygen flow. Alternatively, bruising and other injuries may be visible in unexpected places, depending on how the defendant attacked (from the front or back, using one or both hands, with an instrument such as a cord, rope, or hose, for instance); bruising could be present on the victim’s shoulders, back, chest, or even behind her ears.

Listening to lawyers who instigate women by filing false allegations and stating that we will bring down the opposite party by sending them to jail does not work out .Since one day or the other bail would be granted to them .And all these allegations what have been laid out has to be  proved in the court of law .

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     09 September 2013

@Author

If there are grievances then why not request the Women Cell to lodge a case and mark this mediation "not fit for mediation"? You may always send a written statement to the Officer Incharge of this Women Cell and seek their  intervention to help you.

If there were gifts and money given, then everything is protected under "Stridhan" and than is your right. No one can deny you your right and first thing that you get is your money and other articles (like TV, Fridge etc) back.

As far as SIFF is concerned, as rightly opined by @Shonee Kapoor, this is just a NGO and it does not work against the rights of females. It only works for the rights of "harassed" males but it cannot be detriment to your genuine case.

All the best!

//peace

/Saurabh..V

stanley (Freedom)     09 September 2013

..........:(

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register