URGENT ....... Defamation suit or something else?

Learned advocates,

One of my friends daughter (3yrs old) was admitted in a hospital for a heart surgery......

The operation was successful

But on next day hospital published an article in leading newspaper with photographs of the child with address and her parents names regarding such operation... As it was first time in our city...... Now due to this all my family members have got known by reading newspaper..... Now all my family members treat her as she is ill......and i know in future all of them will treat her as ill... This would be a serious problem at the time of her marriage... As everyone knows that she had some heart problem

What could be done against hospital?? Defamation suit? (but whatever was published was true)

Further her private information was published without her parents consent in newspaper

We have suffered an irreparable loss..... What can we do.....??

File a writ in HC for infringement of fundamental right to privacy as it is part of the fundamental rights to life and liberty enshrined in the country's constitution under Article 226 of the Indian Constitution.
P. S. As an advocate, you should say client not friend. Impersonation is not required as people know from your different queries whether you're an advocate, client, student or whatever.
I am glad to help everyone here.


Total likes : 1 times


Thank you sir Siddharth Jain

Can't we approach civil court for compensation as they have published our private information without consent ??



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x