LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Asha Kanta Sharma (Manager - Finance & Accounts)     26 May 2024

Urgent assistance needed: homelessness due to family property sale

The family is in a dire situation due to their father, Deb Narayan Sharma, selling a property that served as their primary residence without any prior discussion or provision for alternative accommodation. This has left them homeless and without any means of support. They are seeking guidance and assistance to navigate this difficult situation and secure more stable living arrangements. They are willing to provide documentation and information to support their case. They are also asking if they can claim shares from their father's property in Guwahati, Assam.


 3 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     26 May 2024

If the property is ancestral they (children) may file a suit for partition, possession, permanent and mandatory injunction and restrain him (father) from selling it.

It would be better to tell (children) to consult and engage a local prududent lawyer for appreciation of facts / documents, analyses, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Prima facie it is not your personal dispute / problem, what is your concern / locus standi ? 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 May 2024

If the property is their father's self acquired property then there's no point in disputing the sale of the property.

They have to look for an alternate accommodation.

They cannot claim a share out of their father's self acquired property as a right.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     26 May 2024

If the porperty is the self acquisition of father, other members have no right to question it


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register