New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumarjiten (officer)     10 May 2014

Urgent advice need help

i got marriage under special marriage act 1954 on 28/03/2014 but my wife family totally denied this marriage they somehow manage to mind wash my wife ,we did not live together more than 1 days ,now she and her family demanding divorce as early as possible otherwise they lodge false case against my family and me....under what circumstances we would seprate??? Is there any rule regarding mutual divorce? is there any time boundation??? i m a govt emply. aged 27 year totally frustrated please help me in this regard .....someone told me that within 3 month marraige can be cancelled but dont know how??? i did't want to wait 18 month .PLEASE GIVE PROPER SUGGESTION TO OVERCOME FROM THIS PATHETIC SITUATION I DID NOT WANT TO HURT MY FAMILY ....


 2 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     10 May 2014

ur marriage is valid.

if the girl wants to get out of this marriage, only option is getting divorce.

if both of u r ready, then best way is file for mutual consent divorce.

this marriage can not be annulled.

further, nothing called cancellation of marriage exists in law..


It seems you had posted this problem earlier also and many experts had replied.


If marriage is registered under chapter III it can be challenged as fraud.


Law has unlimited openings so better compromise and depart peacefully.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads