LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himanshi (HR)     22 December 2010

URGENT

Hi!I am basically from uttarakhand.A guy from jammu took me in hyderabad.here he did marriage with me in arya samaj & he run away to take marriage certificate n photos.I have just scanned copy of those documents.He did not let me register the marriage in court.Is it valid?or would you please suggest me what i shoul do.He torcher me a lot with his mother & beated me when i was with him.

Learning

4 Replies

Rupam jyoti Das (Advocate)     22 December 2010

I am sure you can the original from the Arya Samaj , showing them the scanned copy. And immediately you should register and FIR against the person. It is for him to prve that the marriage is legal or not?. My suggestion would be to register an FIR immediately against the person. 

Amit Minocha (Lawyer)     22 December 2010

You should immediately file a police complaint / FIR and also a case under the Domestic Violence Act as well in  the Court. You have not assigned any reason for beatings to you by him and his mother. So far as validity of marriage is concerned if you have married properly according to Hindu Customs it would be a valid marriage provided he was not already married and if already married he must have taken divorce legally before marrying you.

shrikant chede (law officer)     23 December 2010

I agree with Mr minocha

JT Rajasuriya, Chennai (Advocate 98410 53790)     25 December 2010

It is a bit difficult to understand how you enter into such marriage alliances so easily and come out of it too so easily.

Maybe if you really feel that the guy has cheated on you and misused you, make a complaint so that your feelings get justified.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register