LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhatia (Auditor)     03 October 2014

Unwanted divorce situaton

I am married since last 7 and a half years with two daughters. My wife left me abt a month ago and now wants divorce as i was jobless since almost last 2 years. They have sent a format of petition in which they have mentioned the incorrect date of marriage, incorrect state and place of marriage and that we are living separately for the last one year which is not a fact. Now pls suggest as I don't want divorce in any situation but in the mean time don't want to face any false allegations too.

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 October 2014

@ Author,

1. Then muster up party of neutral relatives – close family friends and seek face to face meeting with wife – her side and without talking negative about last 7-1/2 years seek re-union of wife failing which mutual consent divorce as last resort. 

The incorrect facts can be rectified when time comes and you need not have to worry about it too much as you are also required to sign in such petition(s) if case ends up in Mutual Consent Divorce and if not then present petition (draft) that she sent to you needs to be corrected with correct facts and that stage may come later not now. 

You may file a general diary report with your jurisdiction police station stating in one sheet of paper that on such and date your wife (with two minors) left without your consent to such and such address and on various dates you tried re-conciliation and thus approached police station to seek their intervention. Ask for stamped / signed / with general diary number true certified copy of your application submitted for them to take call on and retain it safely. 

4. She may or she may not file complaints in future and all that depends on your recall factor of her extreme steps she took in past and quality of her advisory circle (company that she keeps who may influence her to take criminal complaint case against you) and whose special knowledge only you have, thus I cannot suggest more other than do daily read last 20 discussions in family law and criminal forums to build up legal knowledge. 

5. Also start from now search for a seasoned advocate found locally via reference in case of future needs. 

[Last reply]

great india (manager)     04 October 2014

And most importantly search for a job........ This will boost your self confidence for reconciliation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register