Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prabhu (SSE)     19 February 2012

Unused portion of acquisition land

Dear Sir/Madam,

We bought a land in my village(Tiruppur DT, Tamilnadu) on Year of 2010. Around 30 years back for required on bridge construction Govt had acquired the land from previous owner. After that they built road inside the land. When we were survey while we bought came to know they built a road inside the land instead of acquired land. But previous owner cultivated, they have planted trees, the trees old about 30 years. 

I need some suggestion about this. Also I am not familier with Land acquisition laws.  Or we need to do some thing regading this

Thanks in Advance,

Prabhu

Learning

1 Replies

jayaveladvocate (Lawyer)     22 February 2012

I am really sorry for your problem i think the recourse to your problem lies in section 48A of the Land Acquistion Act, which provides for the return of the unsued property after acquistion As for as your remedy is concerned you can get them evicted by filing a civil suit please bear it mind that there is no title by adverse possession for the government or please engage efficient counsel and approach the High court under Writ jurisidiction which is most advisable step for the recovery of the land

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register