LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mean2509   28 November 2016

Unstammped property

hello , our agrremtent with builder as on 4th february 1984, it is not on stamp paper it has written on first page on adhesive of rs5, our society is processing for conveyane so our secretary told that no stamp duty paid so we have to pay the penalty,so if stamp duty to be paid it is on which rate to be paid (rate of 1984 or current market value).

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     28 November 2016

Contact the nearest sub-registrar's office.

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     28 November 2016

You need to go for adjudication of proper stamp duty. You can go for adjudication only if original agreement is with you

mean2509   28 November 2016

yes maam i am having all the papers in original, i just wanyt to know on which value i have to pay..please guide in this regard, currnt market value or thevalue of1985

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 November 2016

penalty imposed on not duly stamped instrument. Their various provision in the Indian stamp Act regarding the penalty. The penalty is imposed by the collector as he is executive magistrate. When any instrument is not duly stamped penalty is imposed as per rules of law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register