30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunil kumar agarwal (proprietor)     24 December 2013

Unpaid gratuity for ex director in ltd company

I worked for 10 years in a limited company out of which three years as Director. Company is not paying me gratuity. What is the remedy available? Can this matter be put with local Labour Commissioner or some other Govt agancy? My employer company is situated in Rajasthan


 4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 December 2013

Refer to: 7: Determination of the amount of gratuity of Payment of Gratuity Act 1972, and also Sec7A, 7B,8,9..........


The establishment should have supplied notice of Determination of Gratuity to employee, with a copy to Controlling Authority of Gratuity.


The employee can submit FormI preferably by redg. post under proper acknowledgment.


The matter can be put up to Controlling Authority of Gratuity at the location of Redg. of the Company.


Initially you can agitate at your last location in the company, redg. office of the company, location of jurisdictional courts as stated in appointment letter.


You should be entitled to get interest @ 10% p.a for the delayed period.



sunil kumar agarwal (proprietor)     24 December 2013

Thanks for useful information. You have written for some agitation. What kind? Should I raise some banner in local crowded market Stating- PAY my salaries and Dues-. You mean something like that.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 December 2013

To agitate we meant you can approach DLC for Gratuity in o/o Labor Commissioner.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 December 2013

well elaborated by Mr Kumar Doab

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query